NDIS Participants and Peers in WA Invited to Help Design NDIS Psychosocial Pathway
February 23, 2018
A Consultation Workshop on the Design of the NDIS Psychosocial Pathway is being held in Perth by Mental Health Australia. This is to improve the experience and journey (pathway) of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) by people with psychosocial disability (mental illness).
DATE: Tuesday 6th March
TIME: 9am – 2pm
PLACE: Duxton Hotel, 1 St Georges Terrace
Morning tea and lunch provided. You must register your interest to attend as workshop places are limited- see information below.
Who can attend?
Participants with psychosocial disability and their carers who are able to share their experience of the NDIS. This includes NDIA (federal NDIS scheme) participants and, subject to workshop places available, participants from WA NDIS and people with lived experiences of the NDIS in other ways (e.g. referral, advocacy). The workshop is aimed at hearing participant, family and carer experiences. Workers can attend to support participants to share these experiences.
What support is available to help me attend?
Participants will receive $100.00 gift card to thank them for their time and contribution to this workshop.
How to RSVP
After you have registered interest in attending, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) will contact all people who have expressed interest and advise them whether they have secured a workshop place.
To register, email Julian.CARR@ndis.gov.au
Please provide the following information:
- whether you are:
– an NDIS participant
– a carer or family member of someone who is an NDIS participant
– an NDIS service provider
- if you are an NDIS participant whether you would prefer the NDIA to contact you directly or through another person (e.g. their carer, support worker etc…)
- whether you will require your support worker to attend with you
- If you live in a rural or regional area, whether you need additional support to attend the workshop
- any dietary or accessibility requirements.